Internet speed is a key development factor for countries, for businesses, and also for households.
The Lebanese Ministry of Telecommunication, through Ogero, has awarded BMB part of the project, which consists of rolling out an FTTx infrastructure across the regions of South Mount Lebanon and South Lebanon.
BMB teamed up with Calix (a leading provider of telecommunications access equipment), CommScope and other leading vendors in network infrastructure provider to supply and install the following:
- FTTH in specific areas – Migrating the existing residential ADSL users and new users to GPON technology.
- FTTC in specific areas – Migrating the existing residential ADSL users and new users to VDSL technology.
- FTTO – Migrating the existing business users from leased line, EFM and SHDSL users to Active Ethernet technology.
- Optical Distribution Network.
- DC Power supply infrastructure(Remote Powering and DC rectifiers and batteries).